“No matter what life throws at you, a cold beer will always help!”
The beer market is budding with new opportunities as it is booming into a large industry. It is becoming one of the most popular alcoholic beverages globally, with prolonged historical consumption.
Trends keep altering, and people’s preferences also change widely; however, when it comes to alcohol, beer remains loved and preferred across the globe.
Let us dig into the market statistics and the popular ingredients used in beer manufacturing.
Market Insights and Trends on Beer
We have seen the beer fans around us. However, there are a few market statistics that can suggest the popularity of beer across the globe.
- According to Statista Data, the global beer market was valued at approximately $623.7 billion in 2020.
- Asia-Pacific region is the largest beer market, accounting for 36% of beer consumption globally.
- Within the Asia-pacific region, the biggest beer market is China, generating almost 25% of the world’s beer consumption.
- The top beer companies dominating the global market are Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg, and Heineken.
- The rising concerns over health and well-being have led to the rising popularity of low or no-alcohol beer.
- The beer market is expected to grow at a compound rate of 4.6% in the coming year.
- People are all up for beers loaded with natural and herbal ingredients without many synthetic chemicals and additives.
- As per the latest trends, beer lovers are all up for emphasizing craft and specialty in quality.
Popular Ingredients Used in Beer Manufacture
If that is how deeply people have fallen for this alcoholic beverage, let us check out the most popularly used ingredients in beer manufacturing.
Barley is a crucial ingredient in the brewing of beer, providing the fermentable sugars and enzymes necessary to produce alcohol and contributing to the finished product’s flavor and texture.
Juniper berries can be a great addition to beer making, but it’s essential to use them in moderation and carefully balance their flavors with other ingredients.
Hops are a crucial ingredient in beer production, providing both bitterness and flavor. By carefully selecting and using hops in brewing, brewers can create a wide range of beer styles with unique flavor profiles.
Yeast is a crucial ingredient in beer production, as it converts the fermentable sugars in the wort into alcohol and carbon dioxide, resulting in the final product we know as beer.
Corn as adjuncts
Corn is a commonly used adjunct in the beer manufacturing process. An adjunct is any fermentable ingredient other than malted barley that is used in the brewing process. Corn is a popular choice for several reasons.
Takeaway for Beer Manufacturers!
You can’t rest for a while if you are in the beer business. The rat-race competition in the market, numerous brands striving to establish an identity, and the ever-evolving preferences of people can make it tougher.
If your business is thriving in the market in the coming decade, pay special attention to the procurement approaches. The quality of raw ingredients can influence the final quality of the product. Ensure you pick an authentic wholesale herbal ingredients supplier that does all the leg work for you while you focus on your core business.