A bone marrow transplant or stem cell transplantation is a process in which patient gets healthy stem cells to replace the damaged stem cells. Before this process, the patient gets high doses of chemotherapy along with radiation therapy so that his.her body can prepare itself for the transplantation and is known as a conditioning treatment. The time Bone marrow transplant is done, and stem cells are infused in patient’s blood they travel to bone marrow and begin forming new and healthy blood cells which comprise red blood cells, white blood cells as well as platelets. This overall process is termed as engraftment.
Do you need stem cell Transplantation?
This process is done to cure many cancer patients, before starting this treatment patient should be known about the benefits as well as risks related to it. It should be noted that not people are eligible for bone marrow transplant in case they have some specific health problems.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital New Delhi
- Established in 1996
- Counted amongst the top 10 hematology hospital in India with the latest techniques for non-invasive vascular testing, diagnostic angiography, and endovascular therapeutic procedures
- Have separate segment harnessed with the modern technologies for the Bone Marrow Transplant procedures
Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Established in 2009
- The hospital has an advanced diagnostic lab that includes 3 Tesla MRI, PET-CT scan, immunohistochemistry, Flow cytometry, and molecular diagnostics
- Exclusive section for academics as well as research, which searches for the latest technologies and techniques for better treatment options
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Established in: 2006
- Hematology department of this hospital has a specialized, highly developed hematological laboratory offering advanced bone marrow routine with flow cytometry, coagulation tests, 5 part CBC counter, HPLC, molecular test, and more.
- Hospital also has advanced blood banking services with leukodepletion, irradiation facilities, platelet aphaeresis, and all added provisions necessary for bone marrow transplantation
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Established in: 1983
- Affirmed as the ‘Centre of Excellence’ by the Government of India and is the primary Indian hospital to set up techniques in stereotactic radiotherapy coronary angioplasty, along with radiosurgery for brain tumors
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Established in: 2001
- The hospital has completed nearly 120 bone marrow transplants annually
- Recognized as the largest centers for the treatment of sickle cell, multiple sclerosis, as well as aplastic anemia treatment by means of following the Global standard of infection control practices
BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in: 1959
- Is the largest center for BMT in India and is also one of the biggest in Asia, performed the maximum number of transplants in north India.
- Dr. Choudhary working in the hospital specializes in allogeneic bone marrow transplant and Hemato-oncology Graft Versus Host Disease
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Established in: 2007
- Counted as one of the topmost hematology hospitals in India, specializing in Bone Marrow Transplants
- Dr. Gaurav Kharya is topmost hematologist working with the hospital, who has performed nearly 600 transplants . also credited for doing the first haploidentical bone marrow transplant for sickle cell disease in the country.
Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Established in 1999 and has ranked as India’s fourth-largest healthcare chain
- It is one of the region’s largest integrated private healthcare groups
- Holds proficiency in Multi-Organ Transplants including kidneys, liver, heart and lungs, Hepatic, Orthopaedic, Cardiac, Neuro, Gastro, plus Urology
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Established in 1988
- Offers many other services including Radio Imaging, Neurology, Nuclear Medicine and Physiotherapy
- The hospital has 200 cardiac specialists along with 1,600 support staff on board who effort jointly to cater to 14,500 admissions and 7,200 emergency cases annually
Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata
- Established in 2003 and is ranked as the best multi-specialty hospital in Kolkata
- Recognized for being performing the first cadaver transplant in Eastern India
- Hospital has commenced Novalis TX along with Brain LAB, the revolutionary technology in Radiation Therapy (RT)
Before bone marrow transplant doctor will check whether the patient is a good candidate for it or not. So visiting the best bone marrow transplant hospitals in India is the best option for you to determine every aspect.