Ciplactin Tablets (Generic Periactin) can treat Perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis. Plus, it is effective for vasomotor rhinitis, allergic skin reactions like urticaria and angioedema and more. It can lessen of allergic reactions to blood or plasma, cold urticaria, and dermatographism.
This medicine make people eat more, which can help people who are too thin to gain weight. Clinically, the tablets make children with failure to thrive (weight below normal) who don’t have an underlying disease eat more. Cipla Ltd. makes Ciplactin tablets that have strength of 4 mg.
Cyproheptadine is an antihistamine drug that treats allergy symptoms. It inhibits the working of histamine, which causes allergic reactions. It can assist ease allergy symptoms like;-
- a runny nose
- watery eyes
- stuffiness, or stiffness.
Also, the pill can treat allergic skin conditions like urticaria. It also makes people feel hungry and improve weight gain.
HOW TO USE CIPLACTIN TABLET
Your doctor will tell you how much and how often to take this medicine.
- Take it all the way down
- Do not chew it, break it, or crush it
- Take it at any time, with or without food, but it’s best to take it at a set time.
HOW CIPLACTIN WORKS IN A TABLET
The medicine Ciplactin Tablet is an antihistamine. It stops certain chemical messengers from doing their jobs. These chemicals can cause inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergy symptoms. It makes you hungry because it makes you take in more energy and makes your body make more somatotropin.
Use of Cyproheptadine HCl Tablets: Warnings and Precautions
Overdosing on antihistamines, like Cyproheptadine HCl tablets, can cause:
- depression of the central nervous system
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest, and death, especially in babies and young children.
Antihistamines can make people less mentally alert. On the other hand, they can sometimes make people excited, especially young children.
Alcohol and other CNS depressants, like hypnotics, sedatives, tranquilizers, and antianxiety drugs, can make the effects of antihistamines worse.
Patients need to avoid driving a car or running machinery. Do not do the work that requires a lot of mental alertness after the pill.
Antihistamines are more likely to make older people feel dizzy, sleepy, and have low blood pressure.
Cyproheptadine HCl works like atropine. So you should not take it if you’ve a history of:
- bronchial asthma
- high intraocular pressure
- cardiovascular disease
- high blood pressure
How Drugs Interact
Drug-Drug Interaction: Ciplactin Tablet 15’s may interact with anti-allergy drugs (diphenhydramine, cetirizine). Also, it can interact with antidepressants (duloxetine, fluoxetine), and antipsychotics (quetiapine).
Do not take Ciplactin Tablet 15s with alcohol or natural antidepressants like St. John’s Wort. Together, it makes it more likely that you will feel tired, dizzy, or have trouble concentrating.
Drug-Disease Interaction: Talk to your doctor before taking Ciplactin Tablet 15’s if you have
- high blood pressure
- narrow-angle glaucoma
- a stomach ulcer or blockage
- hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid gland)
- an enlarged prostate
- heart problems, or urinary problems.
- The best way to store Ciplactin Tablet is at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the direct sun.
- Keep kids and animals away from this medicine.
- If you are taking any other medicines, tell your doctor.
- You’re pregnant or you’re a woman who is nursing.
- You have any health problems like high blood pressure, thyroid problems, asthma, or kidney disease.
- You are allergic to any of Ciplactin Tablet’s ingredients.
- Kids younger than 2 years old should avoid the pill
- Long-term use of Ciplactin Tablet 15’s may make you less alert. So, don’t drive a car after taking this medicine.
- Moreover, do not take it you’ve taken any MAOs inhibitor antidepressants in the past 14 days, like:
- Also, people with asthma, glaucoma, thyroid problems, or heart problems should not take Ciplactin Tablet 15s.