As a massage therapist, you have a lot of freedom for flexibility, which makes it a very attractive career choice. You can literally go anywhere if you become a mobile massage therapist, for example. In mobile massage therapy, you visit your client at their home or workplace. The popularity of massage has increased since individuals and workplaces discover its relaxation and stress-reduction benefits.
This article covers everything you need to know about mobile massage therapy.
Mobile massage therapy is what it sounds like
Massage can be beneficial to many people, but unfortunately, because of their busy lifestyles, they are unable to schedule any ‘me time’. This makes visiting a massage clinic difficult for many. As a result of mobile massage therapy, anyone can receive the therapeutic and health benefits of massage. The reason for this is that traditional massage is delivered directly to the client – whether they are at home, at work, or at their business.
In order to transport their portable massage tables and all the necessary supplies, mobile massage therapists will use some form of transportation. You can provide clients with a relaxing time-out during their hectic schedules as a mobile massage therapist.
Mobile massage therapy: pros and cons
As a mobile massage therapist, you can work anywhere there is a need for your services. You will have more customers if you offer a mobile service and can offer relaxation to anyone who needs it. If you have transport, you can work anywhere with your massage table.
In the absence of an office massage table, you can still massage your clients’ heads, necks, and shoulders while they work. Interested in the massage industry? It’s a truly flexible, rewarding career path.
Using mobile massage therapy as an example, let’s consider its pros and cons further:
Mobile massage has many benefits
- It is generally more cost-effective to operate a mobile massage business. You must budget for such factors as rent, electricity, phone lines, street signage, and other business costs when you run a massage clinic. You only need reliable transportation and the essential equipment to run a mobile massage business.
- Work in a different office every day can get boring. Flexibility and variety is vital. A mobile massage business offers this. The next day, you may be caring for an office worker in a high-rise building while visiting an elderly client at a nursing home.
- You can market your services wherever you are if you have a mobile massage business. Through social media, you can advertise your business on vehicles and run other marketing campaigns.
- You can tap into a market that was previously overlooked with mobile massage. Even busy clients can take advantage of your services and experience relaxation in the midst of their busy schedules.
- Mobile massage therapists tend to experience fewer cancellations than those who get massages at a set location.
Mobile massage has some cons
- Mobile massage can be time-consuming and costly due to travel time and costs. You have to deal with traffic conditions more frequently than if you worked at a fixed location. The fact that petrol can be so expensive also means that you need to set aside a good portion of your profits for it.
- You don’t have the peace and comfort of your own massage room as a mobile massage therapist. You will instead visit clients in various locations; often in busy workplaces or spaces that are distracting due to other people or TVs that are playing in the background. Working in such settings may be difficult.
- You must be organized if you want to be mobile, and bring all the necessary equipment with you wherever you go. In addition, you should keep all correspondence and client booking information with you at all times.
- Mobile massage means carrying your massage table and supplies with you, sometimes up and down stairs and in elevators. Mobility is a challenge.