There are many people who suffer from Migraine and are looking for good medicine in the hope of getting relieved from it. Zolmist Nasal Spray has recently worked as a miracle drug in treating Migraine, which belongs to the ‘anti-migraine’ class of medicine. It can prevent all symptoms of Migraine, such as headache, vomiting, and also nausea.
What is Migraine?
Migraine is a neurological condition whose main symptoms are intense throbbing, shaking and excessive headache. First, Migraine usually appears on one side of your forehead, and then spread it to the both sides. This problem has several trigger points, such as hormonal changes, stress, bright lights, loud noises, and certain foods and drinks.
How does Zolmist Nasal Spray work?
Containing Zolmitriptan, Zolmist Nasal Spray can prevent Migraine by working on the serotonin (5-HT) receptors present in your brain. Due to this neurological condition, the brain’s blood vessels become narrow. So the blood flow in the brain can be hindered and leads to headaches. So, this nasal spray is highly effectively to prevent all symptoms of Migraine including headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Now, most physicians prefer this Nasal Spray for treating Migraine, which is mainly used as a prescription drug. The Nasal Spray is prescribed depending upon the medical condition of the patient. The doctor’s prescription is essential because you may experience some side effects, including dizziness, nausea, sleepiness, chest discomfort, irregular heartbeats, dry mouth, and heartburn. In that case, you have to inform your doctor. Most of the side effects of the medicine are very normal, so do not need any medical attention.
- Zolmitriptan is the main ingredient of the Spray, which works as an anti-migraine medication,
- It can decrease the symptoms of Migraine, including headaches, nausea, and vomiting.
- Zolmitriptan mainly works on the serotonin (5-HT) receptors of the brain,
- When the brain’s blood vessels become narrow, the Blood flow pattern is also affected; Zolmist Nasal Spray helps to treat symptoms of migraine-like headache, nausea, and vomiting.
- Chest discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Irregular heartbeats
- Feeling tired
- Stomach upset
- Numbness and sensation in feet and hand
- Fast heart rate
The severe side effect of the medicine
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding, you must avoid taking the Nasal Spray or using it according to the doctor’s guidelines.
- With the Nasal Spray, the risk of fatal heart attack or stroke might be increased. If you have heart or cardiovascular disease, you need to avoid to taking the medicine or take it according to the instructions of the health care professional
- If you have a previous history of some problems like gastrointestinal bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach and intestines, you should be careful about using the spray.
- Drowsiness and dizziness are the typical side effect of the medicine, so you should drive very carefully during the course of treatment.
- For utmost safety, children should maintain their distance from Zolmist Nasal Spray.
- When you are in the course of this Nasal Spray, you should avoid consuming alcohol because it can increase drowsiness and dizziness.
- If you experience any type of spray’s side effect, you should inform your physician about your health condition.
Directions for the use
You can take Zolmist Nasal Spray with or without food, as instructed by the doctor. If you want to take its tablet form, then swallow the whole tablet at a time with a glass of water. It is advised not to crush it and chew it.
According to the expert, you have to store it in a cool and dry place for a long time of use.
- Interactions with a different drug: Report state that this Nasal Spray have a history of interactions with the medication of various disease such as liver problems, cardiovascular or heart disease, blood clots in the legs, mental illness, gastrointestinal toxicity,
- Food Interactions: As per the instruction of the physician, you should avoid the consumption of alcohol, smoking and caffeine, and grapefruit during the treatment.
The Spray may interact with the blood thinner (warfarin, aspirin), cardiac glycoside (digoxin), different anti-depressant, anti-psychotic, anti rheumatoid, anti-hypertensive, different types of pain killers (ibuprofen, naproxen).