Dealing with skin issues is becoming common these days, and overcoming them is the most challenging phase to pass on. If aging signs, acne, or too much time in the sun absorbing sunlight has left your face with blotches, wrinkles, scars, or lines, laser resurfacing may help your skin look younger and become healthier.
If you are still trying to decide whether to use lasers to correct skin problems. In that case, we are here to give you knowledge on lasers with this blog after conversing with the Best Dermatologist in Bangalore at Nirmal Skin & Hair Clinic. The clinic is headed by expert skin specialists Dr. Urmila Nischal and Dr. K.C. Nischal. This post will discuss how laser skin surfacing is in trend, their types, and under what conditions they are needed. Let’s shed some light on laser skin resurfacing.
Laser Skin Resurfacing: An Overview
Also known as a laser peel, laser vaporization, or lasabrasion, Laser skin resurfacing works by removing skin layer by layer with precision. The new skin cells that form during healing give your skin a tighter, younger-looking surface. This procedure can also be done alone or with other facial cosmetic surgeries.
What Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Do?
Laser skin resurfacing may reduce the appearance of
- Age spots
- Large pores
- Some types of birthmark
- Sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots
- Scars, including acne
Who Are the Ideal Candidates For Laser Skin Resurfacing?
If you are dealing with fine lines or wrinkles around your eyes, mouth or forehead, shallow scars from acne, or non-responsive skin after a facelift, you may be a good candidate for laser skin resurfacing. Besides this, you can also be a good candidate if you have the following:
- Age spots or liver spots
- Skin scars from birthmarks
- Sun-damaged skin
- Enlarged oil glands on your nose
- Birthmarks such as linear
Who Are Not Ideal Candidates For Laser Skin Resurfacing?
As per a skin specialist, you may not be a good candidate for laser skin resurfacing if you have the following:
- Excess or sagging skin
- Deep wrinkles
- Active acne
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Deeper skin tone
- Weakened immune system
Types of Laser Resurfacing
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing: It treats various benign and malignant skin conditions. It uses short pulsed light energy or light beams in a scanning pattern. This is done to remove thin layers of skin with minimal damage to the surrounding structure.
- Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing: It removes superficial and moderately deep lines and wrinkles on your face. Also, this laser can be used on your hands, neck or chest. Erbium laser can be a good choice if you have a darker skin tone.
- Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing: Your skin tightens as the collagen between the treated laser holes contracts; your skin gets less injured in this laser type. It is beneficial in dealing with acne scars, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and many more.
Laser skin resurfacing is a trend due to its approach to addressing vast skin issues. Not only that, but it is safe to produce great results with minimal side effects. If you are dealing with signs of wrinkles, acne, ageing, lines, warts, any birthmark, etc, you can consult your doctor and plan for laser skin resurfacing.
You can end your research at Nirmal Skin & Hair Clinic if you are looking for a dermatologist. With a combined expertise of 20+ years, the expert doctors, Dr. Urmila Nischal and Dr. K.C. Nischal have successfully treated thousands of skin patients at this clinic. Thus, whether you are looking for skin resurfacing treatment or Laser Hair Removal in Bangalore, you can consult at Nirmal Skin & Hair Clinic today. The expert skin specialists utilizes the most advanced cutting-edge techniques and technologies to provide patients with the best results. So, to avail of the benefits, book your appointment now!