Cannabis is sometimes known as marijuana or weed. Whatever you want to call it, it’s legal in California now. Here are the essential details.
Marijuana (commonly known as cannabis, pot, marijuana, and other colorful nicknames) has been legal in California for recreational use since 2018. We want to make sure our tourists understand what is and isn’t permitted so they can relax and enjoy their San Francisco vacation. Please obey the rules and regulations listed below:
- You must be 21 years old or older to possess, purchase, or consume recreational cannabis. This covers the use of cannabis-infused items such as smoking, vaping, and eating.
- You can have up to one ounce (28.5 grams) of dried cannabis flower and up to eight grams of cannabis concentrate-infused goods like candies, chocolate, or beverages.
- It is restricted to give or sell cannabis to anybody under the age of 21. Driving or riding a bike while high on cannabis is illegal. It is prohibited to drive or ride in a car with an open container of cannabis in the passenger seat. Cannabis must be kept in a sealed container in a vehicle. Otherwise, it must be placed in the trunk of the vehicle while in transit.
- Taking cannabis across state lines is prohibited, even if you are travelling to another state where cannabis is permitted. TSA employees may confiscate cannabis even if you are travelling within California because they are a federal entity and cannabis is not lawful under federal law.
- Smoking, eat or vape cannabis is not allowed in public. It is illegal to open a cannabis package or other cannabis-related things in public. This includes, but is not limited to, parks and pavements, as well as commercial and residential locations. You cannot use cannabis within 600 feet of a school, nursery school, or youth center when there are children present.
- It is also illegal to consume cannabis in places where smoking is prohibited, such as pubs, restaurants, public buildings, workplaces, and spaces within 15 feet of doors and ventilation openings. It is also illegal to consume cannabis in places where smoking is prohibited, such as pubs, restaurants, public buildings, workplaces, and spaces within 15 feet of doors and ventilation openings.
- Despite the fact that cannabis is legal in California, marijuana is not permitted to be used or possessed on federal premises such as national parks, even if the park is located in California. You can consume cannabis on private property, but property owners and landlords may prohibit cannabis usage and possession.
- Rideshare services, such as Uber and Lyft, operate throughout the City if you are under the influence of cannabis and need a ride.
- Only state-licensed businesses are permitted to offer retail cannabis goods.
- If you’re new to cannabis or haven’t used it in a while, start low and slow with THC-containing products. THC should be ingested with caution in mind of your surroundings. It may take 2+ hours for effects to kick in after taking edibles or beverages.
San Francisco has a vibrant cannabis industry, and knowing what to do and what not to do is the first step on your cannabis journey. For almost 70 years, San Francisco has been at the forefront of the cannabis movement, and that spirit lives on with stories and landmarks scattered across our neighborhoods. Immerse yourself in our live cannabis history, which connects the past to the present. If you sue for more details regarding the rules and legislations than you can contact with an Experienced Marijuana Lawyer.