We know bacterial infection is a health condition where bacteria develop in the body and leads to the infection very quickly. Medicines used to prevent this bacterial infection are called anti-biotic. Vigamox Ophthalmic Solution 5 ml becomes very popular as an eye-antibiotic.
Containing Moxifloxacin, Vigamox eye drops kill the bacteria that can create wide range of infection in the eye. It works by preventing the function of bacteria to copy their genetic material (DNA), which prevents the reproduction of bacteria.
Various types of infections occur in the eyes and other parts of the body due to bacteria. Vigamox Ophthalmic Solution, a bactericidal agent, prevents their ability to replicate. These eye drops eventually kill the bacteria and helps to reduce eye itching, redness, swelling, immflamation etc. due to bacteria. These eye drops are highly effective against Gram-positive and negative, as well as anaerobic bacteria.
How to use
You should use it externally. You should avoid taking it alone, you need to take it according to the prescription of eye specialist. Only he or she can decide the dose and duration of the medicine.
To apply the eye drops:
- First tilt the head back slightly, and then pull the lower eyelids to create small pockets. Then hold the dropper over the eye and extract one drop at a time.
- Then lower your head and close your eyes for 2 or 3 minutes. Do not blink when taking the eye drop. After that, gently press it with your fingers for about 1 minute. This procedure will prevent fluid from draining into the tear duct.
- Try to use the drops according to the doctor’s instructions.
- You must wait at least 10 minutes before using any other eye drops. Try to avoid of touching the tip of the eye dropper, try to place it straightly on your eye. Don’t use contaminated dropper, it can infect your eye and lead to serious vision problems.
To get the best result, you need to use Vigamox at least 7 days or full prescribed length of time. If you fill that your symptoms may improve before completing the medicine course you should inform your eye specialist.
If you want to avoid the unpleasant side effects, you are advised not to stop the medicine suddenly. If you are suffering from different disease like lung disease, muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis), sleeping disorder or difficulty in sleeping (sleep apnea), severe liver disease, or other prescription recreational drugs, you need to discuss with your doctor. if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant, or breast feeder, before taking the medicine you have to inform your doctor. Some time, Vigamox eye drops may cause drowsiness, dizziness, affecting of your ability of driving; blurred vision. But it can create the alert problem, concentration problem. Before using the drug, you should avoid the alcohol consumption, because it may lead the dizziness.
Some minor Side Effects of this eye Ophthalmic Solution 5 ml
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Research states, Vigamox Eye Drop can be unsafe during pregnancy.
- Alcohol: There is not any study that show the alcohol may interact with the eye drop
- Driving or operating machinery: The eye drop may create some the symptoms like blurred vision, drowsiness, dizziness, etc., in some patients. It is advised not to involve in some activity until your vision becomes clear, such as driving a vehicle or operating machinery.
- LIVER: Patients with liver disease should be careful while taking Vigamox eye drops.
- KIDNEY: Patients with kidney disease need to discuss with their doctor if they are going to take Eye Drops.
The survey shows it is highly effective in killing different kinds of eye problems as it is an effective antibiotic. But, you do not forget that the eye drop cannot work with any other eye infection created by virus. Expert advice that don’t take use it unnecessarily, as, it leads to some of the issues that can decrease its efficacy or effectiveness. If you are suffering from the serious problem, you have to take it as quickly as possible.