Zolmist Nasal Spray: Price, Uses, Benefits – Vcare Pharmacy
A migraine attack is now a well-known problem. But it is difficult to find the medicine, which will get rid of it properly. Research says Zolmist Nasal Spray is one of the most effective medicines to prevent acute migraine attacks. So, the Spray is widely prescribed by physicians all over the world. It works by constricting the blood vessels to relieve migraine headaches and prevent the attacks from worsening.
The Nasal Spray should be utilized as per the doctor’s recommendation. You should follow the guideline of physicians or pharmacists. You need to carry the Spray with you always because migraine attacks suddenly at any time. You should be very careful about the dose to get the best result. Don’t miss any dose or overuse the medicine.
Containing Zolmitriptan, Zolmist should be used to treat migraine symptoms, including headaches, vomiting, and nausea. It mainly affects serotonin (5-HT) receptors found in your brain. It can narrow the brain’s blood vessels, so the blood flow patterns connected with headaches are also affected. It is challenging to find efficient medicine for migraine. Zolmist Nasal Spray is one of them.
Directions for the use
You can take the Nasal Spray with or without food, as instructed by the doctor. If you want to take its tablet form, swallow the whole tablet simultaneously with a glass of water. To get the best result you should avoid crushing or chewing it.
You must store the medicine at room temperature but in a cool place and away from sunlight and moisture. Avoid the place with moisturizer to store. You must also keep the nasal Spray away from children and pets.
Side Effects of Zolmist nasal spray
After taking, you may feel some side effect. But most of the side effects of the medicine are very normal, so do not need any medical attention. If it become worsen you should inform your doctor.
- Dry mouth
- Chest discomfort
- Feeling tired
- Irregular heartbeats
- Stomach upset
- Tingling and numbness in hands and feet
- Fast heart rate
- The Zolmist cannot be taken if you are allergic to any substance.
- If you have a history of recent heart surgery or stroke, problem in blood circulation, narrowing of the stomach blood vessels, kidneys problem or high blood pressure, then you cannot take the nasal Spray.
- The Nasal spray may create the risk of heart attack or stroke, ulceration gastrointestinal bleeding.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should inform your doctor before taking medicine.
- The nasal Spray cannot be taken if you are in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- With the nasal Spray, driving is unsafe because it creates drowsiness and dizziness.
- It is also unsafe for children, so you must keep it from the children and your pet.
- It creates drowsiness, so you should not take the alcohol during the treatment.
- If you have stomach pain or bleeding in the intestine, you must stop taking medicine immediately.
- Interactions with the Disease: The Nasal Spray cannot be taken with renal or liver problems, heart failure, cardiovascular problems, blood clots in the legs, mental illness etc., because it interacts with the medicines used in these problems.
- Interactions with Foods: You should avoid the consumption of alcohol, smoking and a large number of caffeinated products, and grapefruit when taking the nasal Spray.
- Drug Interactions: The Spray may interact with the blood thinner (warfarin, aspirin), cardiac glycoside (digoxin), different anti-depressant, anti-psychotic, anti rheumatoid, anti-hypertensive, different types of pain killers (ibuprofen, naproxen).
- Alcohol: It has not been proven in many studies that this nasal Spray interacts with alcohol. But it creates drowsiness after taking it, which is worse with alcohol.
- Pregnancy: The Zolmist Nasal spray can be taken when you are in the first and second trimester of pregnancy. But you cannot take it during third trimester of pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding: You risk taking the Nasal Spray for you if you are a breast feeder. It may pass through your breast milk and affect your baby’s health. So before taking it, you have to consult your doctor. He or she may decide whether you can take Zolmist or not.
- Driving: The nasal Spray usually create dizziness, drowsiness and weakness. So, you should not take it while driving or operating a heavy machine.
- Liver: If you have a liver problem and have to take medicine for this problem, you need to consult with the doctor, as the medicine spray interacts with liver medicine.
- Kidney: With Kidney problems, you have to discuss it with your doctor before taking the nasal Spray because it may interact with kidney medicine.