Omez 20 MG Capsule – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects – Vcare Pharmacy
Now there is no person who does not know about Omez capsules. Almost every person nowadays suffers from gas and acid problems.
What is Omez capsule?
Omez capsule belongs to the class of medicines called Proton pump inhibitors or PPIs. It needs to be taken to reduce the amount or level of acid in your stomach. The doctors usually prescribe the medicine to treat problems such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Zollinger Ellison syndrome, stomach ulcers etc.
Containing Omeprazole, Omez Capsule helps reduce stomach acid by blocking the action of enzymes in the blood. In fact, our stomach wall cells have proton pumps, which regulate gastric acid secretion. By preventing the secretion of this acid, Omez Capsule helps reduce various physical problems such as gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD, inflammation of the lining of the food pipe or esophagitis, multiple symptoms of heartburn etc.
If you want the best result from the Capsule, you have to take it with food as advised by the physician. The dose of the medicine will entirely depend on your health condition and also how your body responds to the drug. The Omez 20 mg capsule might have some common side effects that need no immediate attention, such as stomach pain, nausea, gas formation (flatulence), vomiting, headache, diarrhea etc. Some of the reports state that several children have had respiratory problems after taking it. But these side effects are temporary and may be resolved within some time.
Benefits of Omez capsule
Omez capsule can be taken to treat different problems
- Due to stomach acid reflux, heartburn, and chest pain are very common. Now, most doctors prescribe the Omez capsule, which stops the acidic content from the stomach.
- Treat the stomach ulcers, inflammation in the intestine, and erosion in the food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Helps reduce gastric acid production induced by tumors in the intestine or pancreas, commonly known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Directions for Use
You should take Omez 20 mg capsule orally with a full glass of water. Try to swallow it, don’t crush or break it, as directed by your doctor. Using a unique device or spoon to take the liquid form, you should carefully measure the dose. In this case, avoid the household spoon because you cannot measure the correct dose. Before taking medicine, you have to Check the label mentioned on the label of the drug for directions
Side effects of Omez 20 MG
· Stomach pain
Precautions and Warning
- If you are suffering from a problem like Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea, then you cannot take Omez 20 mg capsule.
- As per the report, it is entirely safe for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, but they need to take it after consulting the doctor.
- If you are suffering from stomach or intestinal cancer, liver problem, or allergic reaction to a different substance, you need to inform the doctor before taking the Omez Capsule 20’s.
- If you have an endoscopy scheduled, you must ask the doctor if you should stop taking Omez Capsule 20 before the endoscopy.
- Prolonged use of Omez Capsule 20’s20’s may lead to loss of magnesium which may increase the risk for osteoporosis-related fractures on the wrist, hip, or spine.
- If you have St John’s Wort (plant-based antidepressant), methotrexate (anti-cancer and anti-arthritis medicine) or rifampin (antibiotic), you should avoid Omez Capsule 20’s20’s.
Suppose you are taking medicine like a blood thinner, anti-HIV drug, heart medicine, different antibiotic like rifampicin or ampicillin, iron supplements, anti-cancer drug etc. In that case, you should be careful about taking the Omez capsule. This PPI medicine may interact with these drugs. So before taking it, you have to inform your doctor.
You should avoid the Omez Capsule if you are taking the St John’s wort plant as an antidepressant. This medicine interacts with this plant and creates adverse side effects.
The doctor usually avoids prescribing the Omez Capsule 20’s20’s to patients with C. difficile-induced colitis, bone fractures, liver disease, low Vitamin B12 (anaemia) or low magnesium (hypomagnesemia).
- ALCOHOL: With alcohol, you should not take Omez Capsule 20’s as it may cause dehydration and elevate the level of stomach acid. So try to limit alcohol consumption during medicine.
- PREGNANCY: It is not proven whether Omez Capsule 20’s create any effects on pregnant women. But before taking medicine, contact Your doctor.
- DRIVING: Omez Capsule may sometimes create dizziness, drowsiness, sleepy, or blurred vision. So you need not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery until you feel better.
- LIVER: Patients with liver disease should be careful while taking Omez capsules.
- KIDNEY: Patients with kidney disease need to discuss with their doctor if they are going to take Omez Capsule 20’s.