Coronavirus and the Surging Popularity of mHealth
With the recent outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, people all over the world have come to a standstill and businesses as well have gone on to witness a categorical shift in the way they operate one major among them being the healthcare sector.
Here’s about the overall impact of coronavirus on the on demand healthcare services.
Influence of Coronavirus on mHealth
With the outbreak of coronavirus, it has been reported that the mHealth sector will witness a major surge and increase.
Let us observe how.
- Due to the outbreak of the virus the number of virtual visits through video calls or in other words, online consultations will witness a major increase. This is in relation to an understanding of the illness, its causes, and its effects.
- Since the outbreak, many people are going on to incorporating online into their work. This is equally going to be followed by the healthcare industry. According to research due to the outbreak, the industry will go online thereby getting a database which in turn will support them in getting a better perspective on the regions that have been majorly affected by it and trackways to go about reducing its influx
- The outbreak of the disease has resulted in the sale of painkillers like paracetamol increasing to a great extent and since it is not possible for one store along to keep stock, thanks to the presence of on demand healthcare apps it will become easier to provide the medicine delivery to the patients as and when they may be in need of them either in large or in small quantities.
- Apart from this since the on demand healthcare apps have some very powerful communication tools integrated into it and since the outbreak usually begins with a fever or dry cough thus these, in turn, can be home-treated without much medical supervision thereby suggesting that just with the help of in-app calls or chats it will actually become a very easy task to get a cure or remedy to the illness.
- With the coronavirus outbreak since most people are stuck at home and have not yet understood what is the cause with some of the other kinds of remedies provided to keep patients safe with the presence of on demand healthcare apps it, in turn, is suggested that people will get appropriate resources and tools as well as assessment tools to guide them on understanding about the illness, take a test to identify their symptoms if any and so on and so forth.
Thus, through all these points it is quite clear that the number of people visiting hospitals especially those having mild coughs, etc will get reduced to a great extent and more of them will be drawn towards having on demand healthcare apps as a solution to this ongoing crisis. In other words, more and more of them will be starting to take consultations from doctors online. This, in turn, will lead to the increased popularity of this model to a huge extent causing a huge impactful impact so as to say on the mHealth service and the on demand healthcare industry at large.
You must log in to post a comment.