From chewing food to smiling, teeth play an important role in our life. Losing a tooth or having yellowish teeth can cause many problems for us. To avoid aesthetic and functional problems, we should fix our dental problems. The color of the teeth can change due to smoking. To remove stains caused by tobacco, we have teeth whitening remedies as well as cosmetic techniques. This article discusses how to get rid of tobacco stains on teeth.
If you want to get rid of tobacco stains fast, this topic is for you.
Do Smoking Tobacco Stains the Teeth?
It is true that smoking tobacco stains teeth over time. The people who smoke cigarettes regularly do not notice the harm being done to the teeth as well as other areas of the body. Besides the use of tobacco products, the following can also contribute to staining the teeth:
- Antibiotic use
- Genetic factors
- Eating a poor diet
- Excessive fluoride intake
- Suffering from dry mouth
- Breathing through your mouth
- Thinning tooth enamel due to aging
How Can Tobacco Stains be Removed?
There are different ways to remove tobacco stains. The teeth whitening methods we use to clean teeth can also be used to remove stains caused by tobacco.
- Coconut Oil Pulling: It may seem gross but coconut oil has long been used to clean yellowish teeth. Oil pulling method is quite effective in removing different types of stains. The stains caused due to cigarette smoking can also be removed using it.
- Lemon or Orange Peels: The use of orange or lemon is similar to the use of apple cider vinegar. You can try it to get rid of different types of stains. Regular use of lemon or orange liquids can be fruitful for the people with cigarette stains.
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar: There are plenty of benefits of apple cider vinegar and one of them is its teeth whitening effects. It is a natural antibiotic and teeth/gum cleanser and is a good way to remove cigarette stains.
- Brush After Drinking or Eating: One of the best ways to keep your teeth clean is to brush after drinking or eating. If it is not possible to do it each time you drink or eat something, you can at least rinse your teeth to reduce the level of possible damage.
- Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide: By using hydrogen peroxide or baking soda, we can keep the mouth clean because these items have antibacterial agents and work great as a total mouth and gum cleaner and keep the mouth free of germs.
- Strawberries and Other Healthy Foods: The usage of strawberries and other healthy foods can also deliver teeth whitening results. Some people rub mashed strawberries over their teeth to remove teeth stains. Its regular use can improve stains caused by cigarettes.
Cosmetic Treatments for Tobacco Stains
Besides simple home remedies discussed above, there are advanced methods for teeth whitening that can deliver quick results. The techniques discussed above make minor changes and their regular usage can deliver significant results. What are advanced treatments to remove stains? How much do these whitening treatments cost? Please get in touch with a dental surgeon in your area to know what option you have to get rid of any stains that your teeth may have.
Summing Up Discussion
You have read how smoking cigarettes regularly can stain the teeth. Now you know different home remedies to remove stains. The people who need quick results can also try advanced teeth whitening treatments offered by dentists.
In the end, we can say that stains due to smoking can be removed through different methods. If you need more details, it is good to visit a provider in your area. A short discussion session with a professional will help you get more information.