LUNG CANCER INFORMATION-TYPES, STATES, SYMPTOMS AND CAUSES
In today’s date most of us are aware of the disease call the “lung cancer”, but only few knows about it from within. The do’s and don’t, the treatment options, the causes, symptoms and everything related to this. Today, hereby we will be trying to cover up and sum-up all such issues in short so as to get a clear idea about the diseases and how to approach this monster.
What is this all about…?
Lung cancer is an abnormal condition of the body in which the lung cell gets divided in an abrupt high manner increasing in an uncontrollable manner. In this stage visible growth of tumors are seen that reduces the individual’s ability to breathe air properly.
There are two major types of lung cancer that can be found worldwide. One is the small cell lung cancer popularly known as SCLC in short and another is non-small cell lunger cancer or in short NSCLC. This basically depends on the microscopic appearance of the tumor cells found. The SCLC is the most aggressive one which is very much related to smoking of cigarettes. Whereas, the NSCLC is the most common among the two and account about 85% of all cases found.
According to findings there are specific types of lung cancer which are as follows:
- The Adenocarcinoma is one of the most common type of lung cancer found in patients along with bronchoalveolar cell carcinoma.
- The Squamous cell carcinoma is the second most common type of lung cancer that is found in most of the patients.
- The Large cell cancer.
- SCLC makes up around 20% of the cases where patients suffered with lung cancer.
- Lastly, the Carcinoid tumor which is found quite rarely.
The evident signs and symptoms…
There are sure signs and symptoms of the patient suffering from lung cancer. If the following signs and symptoms are found in the patient the best way ahead is to seek immediate medical attention without a delay. Some of the signs are as follows below:
- Coughing up blood on regular intervals.
- Suffering with shortness of breath.
- Chest pain with a deep feeling of compression within.
- Wheezing along with hoarseness if felt for a prolong period of time.
- Suffering from respiratory infection.
- Nervous breakdowns due to degenerative condition.
- Clubbing of the fingers.
The spreading of the disease
Lung cancer can get to spread in many different ways and in a very rapid progression. According to studies done, cancer cells can easily spread to different parts of the body which is called the metastasis. Basically lung cancer spreads to the following parts which ae as follows below:
- Lymph nodes in and around the chest and lung.
- Lung membranes.
- And other parts of the body as well.
Now the causes…
There are different ways by which lung cancer can affect you. Thus we need to always look into this matter with deep attention so that to avoid grave circumstances. Hereby we provide some of the risk factors that can led to lung cancer:
Smoking is one of the primary issues that can cause lung cancer. Thus quitting earlier can significantly lower the risk of lung cancer and issues relating to it. Lowering the daily use of cigarettes can help you in a better way.
Second -hand smoking
Second hand smoking of being a passive smoker can also cause lung cancer according to studies. It is thus always better to avoid smoking zones.
Exposure to gas and asbestos
Exposure to gases like radon and other harmful gases along with exposure to asbestos can also cause lung problems eventually leading to cancer when exposed for a prolonged time period. Also you can apply for Health Educator jobs to know about this field.
Those who have a family history of lung cancer tend to get it directly as a part of hereditary process. Thus it can be easily said that those with parents, siblings and other having histor of lung cancer are more prone to this disease.
How best to prevent….
Hereby we conclude with some ways to reduce the risk of lung cancer.
- Stop smoking immediately.
- Avoid second hand smoking.
- Check for harmful gases in hour area (if any).
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a wholesome diet full of fruits and veggies.
- Seek medical attention early if any respiratory issues.
You must log in to post a comment.