Male Hormone Imbalance Treatment: Signs, Types, and Treatments
Do you feel tired and aches all around the body parts, including muscles? Do increase and decreased heart rate and sex drives make you uncomfortable? Then be cautious because it can be a sign of hormonal imbalance in you!
Hormonal imbalance remains unrecognized because most of its symptoms are common and people generally are unaware about it. But a little bit of your ignorance can result in great disasters. Various male hormone imbalance treatments can help you in curing the uncomfortable and painful signs and symptoms.
This article shares all the information regarding the male hormone imbalance treatments along with its signs, types, and symptoms.
Hormones are the useful chemical messengers that take away chemicals around our bloodstreams and command our organs and tissues. They help in controlling various major processes of our body such as reproduction, metabolism, answer to various actions and reactions, etc.
Male hormone imbalance is a result of fluctuations in the amount of hormone in our body. Even small changes in their quantity can affect the whole body processes. For instance, think about baking some muffins at home a little bit amount of extra or less baking soda or flour can affect the whole product. Similar is the case of hormones. The fluctuations can be normal due to aging or some natural ongoing processes in our body.
Signs and symptoms of Male Hormone Imbalance
As discussed above, most of the signs and symptoms of hormone imbalance are common due to which problem remains unrecognized. But you need to be aware and attentive regarding them. Here are some chief signs and symptoms that can help you in recognizing your problem!
NOTE: They depend upon the type of hormone imbalance you are having.
- Tiredness and fatigue all day long
- Dry skin
- Puffy face
- Increases sensitivity to hot or cold weather conditions
- Unusual weight gain or loss
- Increased or decreased heart rate
- Muscle and joint aches
- Stiffness, tenderness, and swelling in muscles and joints.
- Depression and anxiety
- Nervousness and irritability
- Decreased Sex drive
- Frequent urination
- Excessive Sweating
- Increased or decreased appetite
- More frequent bowel movement or constipation
- Brittle thin hair or excessive hair fall
- Blurred vision
In men, testosterone plays a significant role in the development and growth of body organs. Here are some specific symptoms caused due to decreased testosterone levels in men:
- Significant growth of breast tissues
- Tenderness of breast tissues
- Unable to concentrate
- Decreased Sex drive
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Loss in muscle mass
- Less beard and body hair
- Loss of bone mass or osteoporosis.
- Hot Flashes
Common Types of Male Hormone Imbalance:
1. Andropause: Also known as male menopause, andropause is a result of declining testosterone levels in males. It is one of the common types of hormone imbalance in male and can occur at any age but is more prevalent in the 40s
2. Hypothyroidism: It is caused due to insufficient production of thyroid hormone. It is prevalent in both men and women and the most common symptom is weight gain and fluctuations in heart rate.
3. Hyperthyroidism: It is caused due to increased production of thyroid hormone that significantly raises the metabolism of the body that causes weight loss in men.
4. Adrenal Fatigue: High level of stress for prolonged-time results in low production of cortisol i.e. also recalled as the stress hormone. It causes fatigue, loss of appetite and muscle weakness, etc in men.
Male hormone imbalance treatment:
Following are the male hormone imbalance treatments that help cure the imbalance and provides relief from its symptoms:
- Testosterone Therapies:
It involves supplements such as medicines, gels, injections and patches. This helps in increasing the low testosterone levels in men.
- Hypothyroidism hormone therapy:
People with hypothyroidism are injected with levothyroxine (synthetic thyroid secretion hormone) to maintain the levels of thyroid hormone.
- Lifestyle Modification:
Lifestyle modification such as healthy diet and proper exercise routine can help you overcome the signs and symptoms of hormone imbalance. Stress is the main cause of such imbalances in males as well as in females. Therapies like yoga and meditation can help you in controlling the stress levels. Adding more green vegetables and fruits in your diet releases antioxidants in the body that helps to remove toxins and provide relief from various symptoms of hormone imbalance.
In case you are suffering from any of the above given symptoms consult a physician as soon as possible.
You must log in to post a comment.