The brain is anessential part of our body and is responsible for many activities like breathing, walking, and thinking. But like any other part of the body, there can be tumors in this part as well. Primary brain tumors can be cancerous or without it. The tumor can occur at any age, and the exact cause of why they happen is still unknown.
The most common sign of having a brain tumor are headaches, numbness, or tingling in the arms and legs, seizures, memory problems, mood and personality changes, balance, and waling problems. Treatments include radiation therapy, and medical marijuana for brain tumor is there too.
If you are suspected of a brain tumor, the doctor may recommend several tests and procedures. These may include:
- Neurological Tests- It may consist of checking the vision, hearing and balance, coordination, strength, and reflexes. Any issues in one or more areas may provide clues about the part of the brain which could be affected by the brain tumor.
- Image Tests- Doctors may also recommend an MRI to help diagnose brain tumors. Several specialized scans may help the doctor to evaluate the tumor and plan the treatment.
- Cancer Tests- If it is suspected that the brain tumor may be the result of cancer, which has spread from another part of the body, the doctor may recommend the tests to find where cancer started.
- Biopsy- It is the procedure of collecting the sample of the abnormal tissue. The biopsy can be performed as part of the operation to remove the brain tumor, or it can be performed using a needle.
It depends on the type, size, and location of the tumor, as well as the overall health and other preferences.
- Surgery. If the brain tumor is in a place where it can be operated upon, the surgeon will remove as much tissue as possible. In some cases, the tumors are small and easy to separate from the surrounding brain tissue. It makes complete surgical removal possible.
- Radiation Therapy. It uses high-energy beams like the X-rays to kill the tumor cells permanently. It can come from the machine outside the body. Then it can be placed inside the body close to the brain tumor.
- Medical marijuana for brain tumor treatment is also there.
Once it is diagnosed that there is a tumor, immediately get in touch with the best doctors. Consider various treatments and take them timely.